How Remote Is Remote? Working From Argentina

 



Working Remotely


        One of the main reasons I took the job as an Agile Coach at Sonatype was because the job was billed as fully distributed. But how remote is completely remote? Most of our team members work from home, and I got to thinking about that. Why not see if I could work from any corner of the world that had decent internet? I pondered how effective I could be from, say, South America. What I’d like to explain is my experience with working from anywhere and how efficient I was with the Nexus team.

        I began my experiment with a trip to Alaska. I wanted to see what it would be like to work from a location with relatively slow internet and very far removed from our team geographically.

To read more go to:  http://www.sonatype.org/nexus/2015/03/30/how-remote-is-remote-working-from-argentina/




No comments: